Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 29/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- July 21th Alvar Aalto-pelijamit, Seinäjoki
- July 22th Snowfall invites you to “Moomin Under Sail” event in Helsinki
- July 27th-30th China Joy / Shanghai
- August 3-6th Assembly summer / Helsinki
- Aug. 9.-10 Media & Message ((AV-Sisältöalan konferenssi) / Helsinki
- Aug. 22-26th Games Com / Cologne
- Sept. 19-20th PG Connects Helsinki
- Sept. 20th Game Music Collective in Concert. Listen the sample
- Sept. 22-23 4C Conference at St. Petersburg
- Oct. 5-6th Northern Game Summit, Kajaani
- Oct 11, 20917. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Rovio has several open positions for technical artist, senior product manager, technical lead, senior server programmer…
- Unity has a position open for an R&D Student Worker (20h/week).
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Ocmo Soft launch for Finland will be in 30.8.
- (Only in Finnish) Vakaus vetää huippuosaajia Suomeen, sanovat Supercellin perustajat – pelialalla kotimaisia kilpailijoitakin pidetään kumppaneina
- Virtual Reality game Planetrism at an overdrive speed.
- How Critical Force achieved 21m downloads without paying for user acquisition.The Finnish studio’s founder Veli-Pekka Piirainen warns that too many young games companies “trust in miracles”
- Free Demo of Panzer Hearts out soon!
- “Angry Birds 2 is a best in class example of a casual game that has successfully adopted traditional midcore mechanics.”
- Japanilainen peliyhtiö saapui Suomeen aarrejahtiin – ”Tavoitteenamme on löytää virtuaalitodellisuuden Supercell”
- Next Games‘ first half-year report is out! Full H1 2017 report here if you’re interest in having a look.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.