Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 28/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- July 13-14 Illusion 2017 plus VIP access to Ilosaarirock 2017 in the middle of Summer. Sign up now.
- July 22th Snowfall invites you to “Moomin Under Sail” event in Helsinki
- July 27th-30th China Joy / Shanghai
- August 3-6th Assembly summer / Helsinki
- August 3.-5. Assembly ARTtech / Helsinki
- August 3-6th Assembly Game Jam
- Aug. 9.-10 Media & Message ((AV-Sisältöalan konferenssi) / Helsinki
- Aug. 22-26th Games Com / Cologne
- Sept. 19-20th PG Connects Helsinki
- Sept. 20th Game Music Collective in Concert. Listen the sample
- Sept. 22-23 4C Conference at St. Petersburg
- Oct 11, 20917. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Rovio is looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join their talented Slingshot Studio in Espoo, Finland.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Finnish board game company, PlayMore Games got investment EUR 1.5 mill for Dized tutorial app. (story only in Finnish)
- Karri Mikkonen, student from Tampereen Ammattikorkeakoulu, looking for an internship to finish his studies in the field of Music Production. He’s up for all kinds of games and comfortable with many music genres. Here’s the demo reel and soundcloud page. If you got interested or want to hear more/different tracks, please contact Karri
- SuomiAreena discussion about learning games is now available at katsomo.fi
- Get the tickets to Assembly Game Jam
- Opettajan älynväläys teki Kajaanista pelialan keskuksen, johon virtaa rahaa Etelä-Koreasta
- 15% Nordic discount available now for MeetToMatch in GamesCom / Cologne.
- Get The 2017 version of Newzoo Global Games Market Report,
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.