Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 07/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames Finland is updating the Finnish Game company lists, inform us if you are not in the list http://www.neogames.fi/en/industry-info/operators/
- Feb. 27th – Mar. 1st 2017 Game Connection America / San Francisco
- Mar 10-12th PAX East Boston
- April 20th: RovioCon 2017! More info and registrations on: www.rovio.com/roviocon-2017
- May 4-5th Entertainment Business Arena / Helsinki
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar/
- Fingersoft is recruiting
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Neogames Finland has started monthly logbook. So check the first logbook out and feel free to comment and give feedback.
- Next Games is doing fine, tripled their turnover and 2 new games coming (article in Finnish)
- Breakout Ninja, on top of hitting 1M downloads and is now out and featured on Google Play!
- Supercell sees revenues grow to $2.3 billion in 2016 thanks to success of Clash Royale
- Neogames has collected The list of Finnish Devs. in GDC/GC San Francisco
- Laurea Ammattikorkeakoulun tradenomiopiskelijoiden kysely mobiilipelien ansainnasta
- fAfter 3 years since launch this online gamification course is still relevant. It’s easy to digest in your own pace and it’s _free
- Tanssivat Sudet videosarjan tavoitteena on viestiä matematiikan ja fysiikan opiskelun tärkeyttä yläkouluissa ja lukioissa.
- Leevi Rasila wrote a story about starting and finishing game projects for a gamedev blog.
- Episode 5: Samuli Snellman, “empathy is everything”.
- Game Devs stands for anti-racism
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list