Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 06/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
Neogames Finland is updating the Finnish Game company lists, inform us if you are not in the list http://www.neogames.fi/en/industry-info/operators/
- Feb. 14th Oulu for Game Industry Meetup next week
- 16th February 2017 Google Play Indie Games Contest / London
- White Nights Conf will take place in Prague (Czech Republic) on February 13-14, 2017
- Feb. 27th – Mar. 1st 2017 Game Connection America / San Francisco
- Mar 10-12th PAX East Boston
- April 20th: RovioCon 2017! More info and registrations on: www.rovio.com/roviocon-2017
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar/
- 10tons is looking for a freelance artist who could create “high-end comic style” art for a boxshot. What we have in mind regarding style and fidelity is something like this Any tips, recommendations, and pointers welcome! If you are an artist who can create something like that, write to us at contact(at)10tons(dot)com
- Traplight Games is hiring. 3D Artist, Junior Server and Junior Gameplay Programmer positions are now open!
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Heart Star, world swapping puzzle adventure is now out on the App Store! See the trailer
- Timbermint Games releases their first iOS game Dungeon Tails
- Neogames Finland has started monthly logbook. So check the first logbook out and feel free to comment and give feedback.
- Kalle Kaivola joins Remote Control Productions as COO
- MotionVolt Games Ltd‘s Flip Diving, has now received over 40 Million downloads, and In addition to that, players have completed a whopping 20 Billion dives in the game only 5 months after release.
- Kyy Games cooperating with Hollywood prduction (news only in Finnish)
- Rovio spin-out Hatch lines up 90 mobile games for social hub
- Neogames has collected The list of Finnish Devs. in GDC/GC San Francisco
- Time to apply for Startup Journey 2017! Young gamedev teams do not hesitate, The Hive (Turku Game Hub) will make sure your gaming startup blooms
- Finnish astronaut program tops 2M euros from crowdfunding
- The year 2017 is going to be great for Ostrobothnia game companies. Five games being released in the first half alone:
- The game within the game — the rise of mobile eSports
- Sanalanka interactive speech therapy tool just got a brand new name as newly established company MiTale Ltd. which focuses on gamification and interactive learning tools
- AppAnnie’s iOS & Google Play combined Games Index has Fingersoft ranked 7th by downloads for December 2016. The only game to have more downloads than Hill Climb Racing 2 was Super Mario Run… And Supercell is still strong on the grossing lists!
- Critical Force on building Critical Ops as a mobile eSport
- The world’s biggest game development competition has opened up it’s enrollment, and it’s based in Finland.
- A brand new episode of the Game Makers Podcast is out! This time they chatted with Jari Pauna about their upcoming Top Gear game.
- What were the biggest mobile games industry trends in 2016?
- Iceflake Studios ice fishing VR-game Icelakes is selling well in China (news only in Finnish)
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list