Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 7/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- Feb 20th IGDA Helsinki February seminar + gathering with Bravocompany
- Feb 21st-25th Sami Game Jam
- February 27th Unity Finland User group Meetup with Yousician
- March 19th-31st. Game Connection America
- March 19th-23rd; GDC / San Francisco
- May 8th Games First / Helsinki
- May 23-25 Nordic Game Conference / Malmö, Sweden
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Lightneer is looking for a Senior Game Designer.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Supercell 2017 results: $810 million in profit, $2 billion in revenue!
- Vesa Raudasoja become the Vice Chair of the board of The International Game Developers Association.
- MotionVolt Games Ltd has over 100 million downloads with Flip Master and Flip Diving games
- List of Finnish Companies in GDC/GC San Fransico
- Moomin Under Sail – Match & Explore is in test-launch (Finland included) for Android users!
- Panzer Hearts is a War Game About People.
- There is now FB and Linkedin Games User Research Finland Groups! Feel free to join for discussions, exchanges, brainstormings, chatting, organising future events etc!
- UA or marketing manager/specialist working in mobile games industry in Finland! Join the UA Finland: Mobile & Games group – the first of its kind for professionals. FB-Group & LinkedIn
- The first Google sponsored gathering is coming up! Insights from Google and key lessons from the holiday seasons is on the agenda. Registration open until 16th of February.
- Roundtable in GDC with the IGDA Localization group together with Simone Crosignani and Seb Ohsan Berthelsen (Square Enix). Whether you are a master in the subject or just discovering the world of multilingual projects, please come join us!
- Game Education needs you! We look to match and improve game education to what the industry needs! Anyone can help us so please help by filling the following questionnaire.
This questionnaire is part of the 6Aika project “Chips for Game Skills” by Metropolia, TAMK, OAMK, Amiedu, Stadinao, Haaga-Helia and Laurea. You may find more info at the beginning of the questionnaire.
- Jacob Riis is looking for Finnish games from 2017 that have had an impact other than entertainment. Can you help? (by “impact”, we mean Educational games, Empathy games, Entertainment-that-illuminated-a-difficult-subject, Art games and so on).
- PixelTilt is now 5th in Sports category in Apple AppStore China
- SamiGameJam is still looking for sponsors
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.