Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 18/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- Games Now Spring 2019 program:
- James Wootton: Games for Quantum Computers – Games Now! lecture series
- 11th March
“Check your Assumptions – Making the Most of User Experience Research”
Inger Ekman, DICE/Electronic Arts
6th May AT 15:00
@ Learning Centre/Otaniemi
- 14th May IGDA Finland Helsinki Hub May Seminar + Gathering with PlayStack
- 15th May PlayStack-Meet the publisher: As part of next months Igda event with, PlayStack arranges 15.5 a Meet the Publisher / Funder event at their office for selected companies / teams. Please fill the form by 9.5! They will also hold a bit bigger demo corner at the Igda event where you will also have a chance to meet them! PlayStack Ceo and Coo from London will be present in both events!
- 20th-21st May China Game Day Helsinki
- 20th May Supercell and Space Ape Games are hosting The Finland Unity User Group MeetUp
- Prototyping Multiplayer Games: Balancing Creative and Technical Constraints – Ben Crane, Space Ape Games.
- Go with the Flow : Inside Space Ape’s UI juice box – Nicoll Hunt, Space Ape Games.
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Malmö
- May 28thDevs Talk is coming again and will focus on Talent and Recruitment! Talent is universal in our industry, but opportunities are local. How do you find that talent? How do you recruit them? What do you need to keep in mind?
- 28-30 May. Casual Connect in London;
- 4th June Helsinki Startup Day
- 18-20th June Finnish Game Day 2019 in St. Petersburg, Russia. The signup for Finnish studios here
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Small Giant Games is looking for a test engineer
- Nopia Oy is looking for Pixel Artist
- Games Factory Talents is now inviting Finnish game studios to join their next recruitment event on June 15th in St.Petersburg. This is a great opportunity to meet, interview and hire some of the top tech talents from Russia!
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? On March 1st, during the Futures Day, one of the topics discussed on our stream was just that! Take a look and see what industry veterans have to say on the topic. If you know what your skills are, and just need a place to apply them, take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Pixel Worlds is now also available on Windows Store and got 1# feature slot too!
Claudio Lins is looking for QA and Localization/Translation companies. Any good one to recommend?
- Mike Laaksonen was preparing a multiplayer tutorial for my newsletter about character and animation replication in Unreal Engine. Video recording was on, and … well … this gives quite accurate picture about utter despair in the life of an indie game developer.
- FakeFish‘s Barotrauma will be launched in Steam Early Access on June 5!
- Games Factory is calling for young game teams! Application period for the Farm League is open now!
- Working with recruitment and talent management? Come join the Exec Summit at Nordic Game, May 21st. There’s a few seats left
- GamePro, is starting again next month! Over the years over 200 people have found a job within the games industry through GamePro, and now they’re looking for the additional 20 to join us. The application period ends on 13.5, so if you’re looking for a position within the industry or if you are in between jobs, please do not hesitate to apply! Also, if you’re representing a company looking for fresh talents to to join your ship, contact Laura Kyntäjä as there is still some room for a few new recruiting companies.
- IT and Games Job Fair in Helsinki was a success
- MiTale team were showing bunch of new products in Turku SPRING CARNIVAL. Sanalanka adventure game is getting ready for official soft launch.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.