Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the weeks 48 /2017 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 1st Dec Liikuntapelaamisen mahdollisuudet ja tulevaisuus -seminaari / Vantaa
- 4th Dec Kate Edwards will talk about game culturalization at Startup Sauna / Games Now
- 8th Dec Quantum Game Jam 2017 Turku site
- Dec. 8-9th Rekry Game Jam / Kuopio
- Dec 12th IGDA Finland Helsinki Gathering
- Dec 14th Metropolia Game Demo Day
- January 22-23 2018 Pocket Gamer Connects London
- January 26-28 Global Game Jam and also Finnish Game Jam; Check the sites
- Turku site we are giving opportunity to make board games at the jam, thanks to sponsorship by Boost Turku and LudiCreations
- May 8th Games First
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Veikkaus hakee lead developperia ja pelituottajaa
- Nitro Games have several open positions
- Small Giant Games is currently looking for an Outsourcing Art Director & Customer Support Assistant
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- The winners of the Game Development World Championship are announced, including Kainuu 100 (1st in Finland category) and Ocmo (2nd in Pro category) by Finnish developers!
- Immobile Games sold their unpublished game, SkidStorm to Cheetah Mobile. (article in Finnish)
- Moomin Sticker App is now available in Google Play
- Grimrush released on Steam
- Lost Home released on Steam
- Odyssey VR: The Deep Space Exploration is now launched on Steam.
- Koukoi Games launches Ferdinand: Unstoppabull mobile game
- PAKO 2 soundtrack is out! Coming to Steam later on this week!
- Alko (the national alcoholic beverage retailing monopoly in Finland) will publish Finnish mobile version of Lydia by Platonic Partnership Ltd next spring
- Steam Workshop: Dota 2 on Steam greenlight
- Street Heat on STEAM Early Access
- The finalists for the Mobile Games Awards 2018 announced
- Game Development World Championship‘s live video.
- Bon Gamesin Tycoon-maailmanvalloituksesta, osa I.
- 10th Global Game Jam in January 2018. Make sure you participate to Finnish Game Jam (as a jammer, organizer or sponsor). Register as a jammer here (More sites are coming up on 11th Dec).
- Poliisi ja sisäministeriö tarkkailevat tietokonepelien maksumekanismeja – “Vaatii analyysia onko Suomen arpajaislain piirissä”
- Stirring Abyss: Combat
- Hundreds of new features in Planetrism.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.