Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the weeks 47 /2017 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 24th-26th November Junction / Espoo
- 24th Nov. Women in Games Goes Hygge – Oulu Edition
- 25th November; Finnish Game Industry represented at Games Job Fair event Технопарк Санкт-Петербурга / St Petersburg
- 25-26th Theme Park. A digital art rally / Kouvola
- 29th Nov. The Game Development World Championship Final Event
- 29th Apprien SLSH etkot
- 30Nov-1st Dec SLUSH HELSINKI
- 1st Dec Liikuntapelaamisen mahdollisuudet ja tulevaisuus -seminaari / Vantaa
- Dec. 8-9th Rekry Game Jam / Kuopio
- January 22-23 2018 Pocket Gamer Connects London
- January 26-28 Global Game Jam and also Finnish Game Jam; Check the sites
- Turku site we are giving opportunity to make board games at the jam, thanks to sponsorship by Boost Turku and LudiCreations
- May 8th Games First
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Kopla Games is looking for a QA Wizard
- Veikkaus hakee pelituottajaa.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Ex-Kabam CEO Kevin Chou joined to the board of Critical Force
- FIVR:in ja Tekesin laaja VR/AR Suomessa -selvitys out now! Finnish Virtual reality report is out now.
- ZERO TOLERANCE to the violence and harassment at IGDA Finland gatherings!
- Duke Dashington Remastered is now available also on Google Play
- PAKO 2 is out on STEAM! Rock Paper Shotgun chose Pako 2 as their indie pick of the week. Soundtrack coming out soon!
- Mad Art Millionaire is relaunched globally and is featured on the App Store ‘New Games We Love’ category in Europe!
- Markku Hietamäki hakee töitä (työnäyte)
- Miniclip will be attending Slush again this year. If you are a mobile games developer, feel free to get in touch to firstname.lastname@example.org to catch up.
- Belgium’s Justice Minister calls for loot box ban in Europe (Updated)
- “Entrepreneurship may not be the first thought that comes to mind when talking about video games, but it’s one of the best fields for that type of thinking.”
- Indie studio from South America, being accelerated in Finland by LEVEL UP accelerator, opened the beta access of our Location-Based MOBA “Fhacktions” to Finland
- Odyssey VR – The Deep Space Expedition in Steam Early Access
- AVEKin StepDemo rahoitusta peleihin ja musiikkiin jaettavana 100 000€. Hakuaikaa tämän kuun loppuun!! Lisää tietoa: http://www.kopiosto.fi/avek/tuen_hakeminen/fi_FI/stepdemo
- The Praised, The Loved, The Deplored, The Forgotten, book for present!
- New localisations in Tap ‘n’ Build 3D – Free Tap & Crafting Game
- Retro Rewind, vanhojen videopelienkeräily/harrastuslehden joukkorahoituskamppanja käynnissä
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.