Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 49/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 12th Dec Museot pelissä – Museums at Play / Helsinki
- 14th Dec Oulu Creative Industry Christmas Party
- 25-27th January Global Game Jam if you want to run a site, apply now!
- 29th January Games First London 2019
- Early Bird Ticket Deadline is nowish!
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Helsinki
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- FANDOM SPORTS is hiring CTO / Head of Studio to HELSINKI.
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Tacticool (by Panzerdog Oy) is available in Finland – in the soft launch / early access on iOS and Android
- Iceflake Studios Oy‘s Race Arcade was released on NintendoSwitch
- Suomen kulttuuriministeriön myönsi Finnish Game Jameille Suomi-palkinnon
- Play Ventures will invest $30 million in game startups
- Finnish game maker Supercell launches free coding school to combat labor shortage
- About Kickstarter and taxes in Finland
- Supercellin Brawl Stars; Rähinä-peli ylitti riman – Yltääkö Supercellin uusi peli miljardituotteeksi?
- Epic opens new distribution channel for PC games
- Video Game Sauna: Interested in working in games but feel like it’s very exclusionary? The people organizing Women in Games Finland are trying to change that.
- Tampere University – Master’s Degree Programme in Game Studies
- Total Party Kill by Adventure Islands created in Ludum Dare.
- Kukouri has been nominated as the best indie developer at the Pocket Gamer Mobile Games Awards.
- Nvidia has created the first video game demo using AI-generated graphics
- Reat Crew Studios announcement teaser for Broken
- Shotgun Gaming Oy‘s Clay Hunt START, Duckz! will become globally available 12th of December at the apple App Store and Google Play!
- New update coming to @RoosterB Rooster Booster – Idle Chicken Clicker check new Trailer Video.
- Game makers salary survey
- Suomen pelimuseo toivoo joulupukilta Larry 1:n ja 2:n sorsat alkuperäisillä levykkeillä
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.