Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 40/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 3D-kulttuurihubi’s consulting sessions / 3D-hubin neuvonnat syksyllä 2019
- 8 October 2019 from 13:00-16:00 AR-markkinointi (Asiantuntija Helsingissä) / AR-marketing (Expert in Helsinki)
- 8th October; IGDA Finland Helsinki Gathering. Sign up for the demo corner
- 11th October Nokia N-Gage mobiilipelijam @Tekniikan museo, Viikintie 1, Helsinki. Ilmoittaudu mukaan
- 14th October Games UR/UX Finland Meet Up / Helsinki
- 17th October Konsoll 2019 / Bergen Norway
- Oct 26th DevCon 2 Tampere
- 29th-31st October Game Connection Europe 2019 / Paris
- 14th – 17th of November, G-Star Global Gaming Exhibition in Busan / South Korea.
Business Finland will participate in the event with a focus on talent attraction. To find candidates in the Gaming sector with innovative skills and professional background, BF invites Finnish interested in the gaming industry or in business opportunities to join the #FinlandWorks booth or by having Business Finland represent, the open positions at the booth and connect the candidates with the companies. For further information and job postings, please contact Regina Ainla, Talent Boost Coordinator: email@example.com +358 40 939154
- 15th November W Games Conference 2019
- 16-17th November Aalto university agreed to hosts Theme Park. A digital art rally!
- 19th November; Press Start invites 1,000 game developers to the Cable Factory for a free kick-off to the Slush Week.
- No middleware, no service providers – just games. Attendance is free and by application only. Apply here slush.org/press-start
- Learn from industry veterans, connect with peers, get a glimpse into some up-and-coming games and meet a pool of investors. And let’s not forget the after-party.
- The first speakers and open applications to the event will be released in August.
- applications opened up for live demo showcase at Press Start. This time you can forget your presentations – it’s all about playing live!
- if you are coming to Press Start – Kickoff Event by Slush and want to share it, attend to the fb event on the link.
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Looking for job: Toni Arvilommi, 25-year old Composer / Sound Designer looking for new opportunities. I’ve been part of projects such as:
– Pixel Worlds by Kukouri Mobile Entertainment
– Snatch by PlayStack
– JiPPO! Street by Kiemura
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? Take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Miljoonapotti Max Paynen ja Eve Onlinen konkareille – Uusi suomalais-islantilainen pelistudio iskee 5g:n ja pilvipelaamisen tuomaan murrokseen
- Shipyard Games is thrilled to announce that our unique location-based citybuilder, GoCity, is now available on iOS! https://www.shipyard.games/gocity
- Bouncer Story is to be released 10/10/2019 on iOS and Android
- Unohda konsolit ja pc – pian ohjain kytketään suoraan televisioon tai älypuhelimeen: “Pilvipelaaminen on seuraava vallankumous”, uskovat suomalais-islantilaisen peliyhtiön perustajat.
- Blog about blockchain from the game industry’s perspective.
- Elite Game Developer Podcast: How Getting Acquired Changes Things with Mika Kuusisto Co-Founder and CEO Kopla Games
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.