Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 38/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- September 27th The Finland Unity User Group is visiting Next Games
- Oct 4-5th Northern Game Summit – NGS / Kajaani
- 10% discount code for all the nice people of Play Finland with code: NGS18PLAY
- Oct 5ht Algoritmit ja digitaalinen sivistys EU:ssa: älä elä kuplassa! / Helsinki
- Oct. 5th Tekoäly & Etiikka / Helsinki
- 12-14th Oct. Dash team is organising Europe´s biggest design hackathon in Helsinki Kattilahalli.
- 18th Oct. Gaming and esports event, Grail Quest – Pelifestari 2018 / Turku
- October 19th Monetization in Games: Past, Present and Future – ft. John Romero / Helsinki
- 24th-26th October, Join Neogames and the Nordics at Game Connection Europe / Paris
- 10-11th November. Theme Park. Digital art rally 2018 / Kouvola
- 14th Nov. Xmasjkl – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
- 19-23 November 2018, Nanjing: IMGA Judging Sessions, China Game Design Seminar and the Awards Ceremony & Parties
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Seriously is looking for game tester to join our Helsinki office.
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Get your self matched. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Downward Spiral: Horus Station is launched on PS4 and PSVR! So proud of the 3rd Eye Studio team.
- The super Aussie mixed with Finnish music and gamedev interactive story STONE is out out for PC & macOS now
- Pelaajabarometri 2018 on julkaistu / The Finnish Player Barometer 2018 report is out
- Finnish game development studio Rovio is bringing its flagship property, Angry Birds, to one of the most forward-looking devices on the market, the Magic Leap One.
- FINAL CALL – Nordic Game Discovery Contest deadline is on Friday 21.9.!
- Random Potion won the PC Indie Pitch at PocketGamer Connects Helsinki with Project Scoundrel!
- Neogames is listing Finnish games released globally (and for first time) on 2018. Please help and make sure that yours are listed! and please let suviATneogamesDOTfi know if there are mistakes.
- With 295 applicants, Secret Exit’s Zen Bound 2 for the Nintendo Switch was selected as a top 8 finalist at Tokyo Game Show’s Sense of Wonder Night. Jani presented the game in front of the SOWN judges and the TGS audience.
- Finnish Game Day ’18 – International Markets and Publishing
- Gregory Pellechi latest episode of The Writing Game compares the rule “show, don’t tell” from writing with “play, don’t show” from video games to see how feasible they are and what can be learned about each. Youtube or on iTunes and Spotify
- Moomin and Snowfall Ltd. amng other Finnish Game Devs at this week in Tokio Games Show
- Kimble Games‘ Drag Bikes IOS-version is now ready to PRE-ORDER
- Finland’s hottest games conference Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki 2018 smashes records with over 1,300 delegates
- Special setup in the Game Executive program linking strategy, entrepreneurship and leadership to Business Model Innovation, Monetization and User Acquisition in Games and topped with a pitching and networking workshop. You can check the Agenda below and you have time still to join us. Register by Sunday 23.09 . Agenda
- Games Now! lectures are open for anyone: join at Aalto University campus or follow the lecture online! If you are in a game school, ask your teacher if you can get credits from the lecture series by participating to pre-assignments and a game jam at the end of the season. If you are working in a game studio, ask if you are able to leave work earlier to join the session (and also join jam in May 2019!) The lectures will run once in a month and the full program is updated here
- Last week Loish in Turku
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.