Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 3/019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 23th Jan. Get funded! How to get Creative Europe or Horizon2020 funding for your game company / Helsinki
- 25-27th January Global Game Jam
- 29th January Games First London 2019
- 29th January IGDA Helsinki Gathering
- 2nd Feb. Games Helsinki 2019
- 15th-17th February Quantum Game Jam in Helsinki on the with quantum physicists and some quantum technologies. Apply now
- 19.02.2018 Gamification Group is organizing a workshop series on the topics of WEARABLES, BODY and GAMES.
- Application Form
Application Deadline: 30.01.2019
- Application Form
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Malmö
- 50% off on conference passes to Nordic Game 2019, 22-24 May in Malmö, Sweden. This counts until midnight, January 3rd.
- CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO THIS GROUP: the first 10 to select this group in the menu and enter this code, NG19PF5MLGG4, will get the Dinner Experience for free!
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- MiTale is hiring
- Kyy Games is looking for an anime-inspired illustrator & 2D game artist to join the team.
If this sounds like your kind of thing, please contact us and add a link to your CV and portfolio materials.
- Wanna join the dream team behind the ‘Drive Ahead!’ family of games? We at Dodreams are adding more torque to our engine! Check out our open positions in Game Design and Programming!
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Last office left to rent from Games Factory Helsinki
- Helsinki XR center (located in old Taik at Arabia) is now providing facilities, work spaces and a showroom for Finnish XR (VR, AR, projection wall etc.) companies – games included! Apply to gain the free access. Services are available for companies, teams, students, artists and other enthusiasts with skills to do great stuff.
- Suomi mainittu! Metal Gear -pelisarjan isä vieraili yllättäen Suomessa ja julkaisi miljoonayleisölleen kuvan, jossa lumikasan yli ei pääse edes ratikkaan
- Gregory Pellechi The latest podcast episode of Video Game Sauna is live and this time it’s all about the IGDA!
- IGDA Finland Jyväskylä Hub / EXPA JKL Peliosuuskunta Expa is setting Up gatherings for 2019 Spring and we are looking for speakers to our gatherings.
- Team Jolly Roger releases Worbital on Steam on January 31st.
- Nopia might have an opening at the end of this month for an animation project, if you are looking for subcontracting. Here’s their reel. Send an e-mail if interested – email@example.com
- Hideo Kojima visited in Remedy Entertainment
- Finnish mobile infrastructure is already now one of the best in the world. What unlimited data plans and 5G mean for the mobile eSports? A Finnish telco, cloud gaming platform and some game developers are joining their forces with a Chinese smartphone manufacturer to find out.
- Alien Blackout hands-on: Don’t assume mobile is a bad idea – Rival Games and Theory Interactive and publishers FoxNext/D3 Go! are about to remind us that the platform doesn’t dictate the quality of the product.
- 10tons Reveals DYSMANTLE – a game where you can ruin everything
- If you are visiting Turku, WELCOME to MiTale office at The HIVE – Turku Game Hub, you can find them just across FIVR VR/AR/XR center
- Around 1 month to go to Space Haven Kickstarter and being able to provide an early access build for players and streamers.
- Traplight; KPI Driven Development
- FakeFish has built a lot of tools for developing their game Barotrauma, and they’re bringing those tools to players for modding.
- Peliyhtiö Supercellin perustamaan uuteen koodauskouluun otetaan sittenkin yli 30-vuotiaita.
- 30 seconds of the work Remedy Entertainment is doing with CrossFireHD as a trailer is out in China.
- Helsinki is organizing a Helsinki gaming community promotion and matchmaking event in Tokyo, during the Slush week. Deadline for registrations 18.1.2019
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.