Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 24/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 25th June IGDA Finland Turku Hub June Gathering
- 12th-14th July / Illusion (+Ilosaarirock) Joensuu
- 1st-4th August Assembly Summer / Helsinki
- 20th-22nd August. Gamescom / Cologne
- 20th Aug; IGDA Finland Helsinki Hub Summer Party with Supercell
- 1st-2nd Oct Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki.
- Discount code for all PlayFinland members: PLAYFINLAND20 that gives you 20% off tickets
- The first speakers have been announced for Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki, this Oct 1-2. Features Bethesda, Jam City, Ogury, Super Evil Megacorp, East Side Games and more.
- 14th-15th November YSÄRI GAME JAM! if you are interested ping Licia Prehn
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Looking for gig/job; Composer Sami Törmi. Check his tracks; Epic Hybrid Trailer (Los Angeles, USA), Percussion, FitFarm, Suomi, Orchestral (Violins & Showreel) and Kid’s Show. Contact; firstname.lastname@example.org +358 504925 803
- Kajaani University of Applied Sciences is looking for a lecturer to teach Game Design and Production studies!
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? On March 1st, during the Futures Day, one of the topics discussed on our stream was just that! Take a look and see what industry veterans have to say on the topic. If you know what your skills are, and just need a place to apply them, take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Part Time Monkey releases another grid-based hypercasual puzzle game; Tasty Time!
- The Spy Who Shrunk Me from Catland (nominee for Creative Work 2018 in Finnish Game Awards!) is now out of Steam Early Access with the 1.0 update!
- Psyon Games is proud to announce that they are working with GlaxoSmithKline in Finland to raise awareness about the risks of hepatitis A and hepatitis B and about the easiness of vaccination
- Snowfall Ltd. and Moomin is in collaboration with HatchDotLive
- Workplace and Societal integration of Migrants in Finland survey, from Aalto University
- Empires & Puzzles is doing rather well! What’s more, the latest update to the game was “primarily driven” by 20-year old Sofia Vanhanen.
- If you are interested to learn multiplayer game development, then you may find this newsletter interesting. Using this example project it shows how to build a multiplayer game from scratch with Unreal Engine. It starts with basics and will expand into more advanced issues in forthcoming episodes.
- ALT communal game development project, where students, and volunteering professional mentors are trying to create a brand new mobilegame, based on vivid visions of a theatre-artist Helena Pavloff-Pelkonen.
- Juuso Pekkisen vieraana Matias Myllyrinne – peliala konkarin silmin
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.