Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 12/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- Games Now Spring 2019 program:
- James Wootton: Games for Quantum Computers – Games Now! lecture series
- 11th March
“Check your Assumptions – Making the Most of User Experience Research”
Inger Ekman, DICE/Electronic Arts
@ Design Factory/Streamed, 15-17 EET
“Playing with grief: What participatory game design can do for mourners.”
Sabine Harrer, Copenhagen Game Collective
@ Learning Centre/Streamed, 15-17 EET
“Why Godot Right Now?”
Ariel Manzur, Godot Engine
@ Learning Centre/Otaniemi
Games Now! Jam
- 3rd April; The Finland Unity User Group is visiting Accenture Suomi
- 6th April IT and Games Job Fair Helsinki 2019
- April 11-12th; GameDev Days 2019 / Tallinn
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Malmö
- 50% off on conference passes to Nordic Game 2019, 22-24 May in Malmö, Sweden. This counts until midnight, January 3rd.
- CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO THIS GROUP: the first 10 to select this group in the menu and enter this code, NG19PF5MLGG4, will get the Dinner Experience for free!
- 28-30 May. Casual Connect in London;
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- StillRunning is looking for environment artist. To get mor info contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? On March 1st, during the Futures Day, one of the topics discussed on our stream was just that! Take a look and see what industry veterans have to say on the topic. If you know what your skills are, and just need a place to apply them, take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- VakiGames got awarded by EpicGames Unreal Dev Grant!
- Finnish Indies are doing fine; Baba Is You review: one of the best puzzle games in years.
- BugByte’s SpaceHaven already 300% funded on Kickstarter!
- Kimble Games Wheelie King 3 in pre-order
- Matchmade with Betabrand is asking you to join in their order of mortal combat finnish mythology shirt order with discount of 15%, just pop in “matchmadeinhel
- Töissä Pelikeskus Scoressa
- Check the new cool trailr of Oceanhorn – The Adventure Video Game
- Loving Home for Game Companies; Games Factory
- Zsuzsa James started as the Team Finland coordinator in LA, providing help to Finnish devs wanting to do business in the US.
- GDC 2019: Epic launches $100 million MegaGrants funding initiative for creators
- Apply for Bit! Student Game Competition
- FakeFish in PAX East presenting Barotrauma
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.