Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine weeks 29-31/2019 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 1st-4th August Assembly Summer / Helsinki
- 13th of August Games UR/UX Finland Meet Up
- 20th-22nd August. Gamescom / Cologne
- If you will be there, let us know by commenting the post for this topic on the Facebook group
- 20th Aug; IGDA Finland Helsinki Hub Summer Party with Supercell
- 21st September IT and GAMES job Fair in Kiev
- space for couple of more games studios for the annual IT and Games Job Fair Kyiv on 21st of September.
- September 30th Leadership Day by IGDA FInland / Helsinki
- 1st-2nd Oct Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki.
- 14th-15th November YSÄRI GAME JAM! if you are interested ping Licia Prehn
- 15th November W Games Conference 2019
- 19th November; Press Start invites 1,000 game developers to the Cable Factory for a free kick-off to the Slush Week.
- Learn from industry veterans, connect with peers, get a glimpse into some up-and-coming games and meet a pool of investors. And let’s not forget the after-party.
- The first speakers and open applications to the event will be released in August.
- You will also have an opportunity to submit your game to be showcased on stage.
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- Looking for job:
- Ville Vuorela is looking for a gig as freelance game designer, gamer writer or to sort out your documentation. He has 15 years of experience from the industry, two books on the subject (plus five books on other subjects) and a couple of dozen game- and gamification projects under his belt.
- Looking for a project:
- Tuomas Erikoinen is looking to start or join something new and ambitious. He asks for leads.
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Pockethunt is looking for a few game studio employers/inhouse recruiters to use their casual career chat for free. They have soft launched the app and would appreciate all feedback. Message Emilia Machuca if interested.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Curious on how to enter the Games Industry? Take a look at http://www.devs.tv/jobs/ for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Whamgames released GNRBLEX on STEAM
- Aarre Safari Ride released on itch.io
- Classic Color Solitaire released on Mac App Store
- W <3 Games – IGDA Mentor Cafe is now open for sign up – both for mentors and mentees
- There will be Digi & Game Center in Jyväskylä. The goal is to open the Center in the beginning of 2020. If you are looking for office space or remote co-working place or want to seek people to work with you from Central Finland region – Digi & Game Center is The Place. There are also Partner and Sponsor possibilities available – just contact them.
- Control – Official Exclusive Story Trailer
- Elite Game Developers podcast: How Venture Capital Works For Games with Carl Fritjofsson Partner at Creandum
- Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer
- Remedys’ Sam Lake on Alan Wake 2, Control, How Max Payne Changed His Life, and More! – IGN Unfiltered #44
- Game Seer Venture Partners is looking for great games around the world to financially support their development. You can meet us at gamesom at the Games Bavaria community booth, Hall 4.1./A-02 – B-030. Please pitch your game on our website
or make an gamescom appointment via the Meet-To-Match – The Cologne Edition 2019
- Good read and tips; “How to spot an exploitative mobile game publishing deal — from a former publishing CEO”
- (Only in Finnish) HS seurasi Helsingin uuden ohjelmointikoulun ”erittäin vaikeaa” karsintaa
- ChelseaClinton supporting Psyon Games in Twitter
- Elite Game Developers podcast: Building a Diverse Games Company with Nikolina Zidar, Co-Founder and CEO of Unicorn Pirates
- Elite Game Developers podcast: Building Dazzle Rocks
- Zsuzsa James asks if some of Finnish Game Studios that are going to Gamescom, is interested to meet Legendary.
- Frozenbyte releases Starbase, a hybrid voxel/vertex-based space MMO with a fully destructible and infinitely expanding universe in Steam Early Access in 2019
- Ella-Noora Polvi is doing her PhD thesis and need help with her Fan Item survey (in Finnish Here)
- Elite Game Developers podcast: Lasse Seppänen, former Co-Founder and CEO of PlayRaven
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.