Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 36/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- Sep 8th Tracon Peliperjantai / Tampere
- Sep. 16th. MAD Week 2017: Pelihahmo(piirustus)työpaja Otavan asemalla
- Sept. 19-20th PG Connects Helsinki
- Sept. 20th Game Music Collective in Concert. Listen the sample
- Sept. 22-23 4C Conference at St. Petersburg
- Oct. 5-6th Northern Game Summit, Kajaani
- Oct. 10-11th, White Nights in Moscow.
- Finnish developer can get a booth for free at the exhibition and enjoy networking with world-leading companies.
- Oct 11, 20917. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
- 19.-21.10. on areenatapahtuma Turussa. Mukana lanit, eSM-turnauksia, miniatyyriturnauksia, MTG:ia, expo-alue, tubettajia (esim. eeddspeaks ja Ink Owl) Tapahtuman liput ovat myynnissä nyt
- Nov. 1st – 3rd Game Connection Europe => Join The Nordics DL: Sept. 18th
- 16-19th Nov. G-Star Korea
- 17-18th of Nov 2017 #XmasJKL is coming AGAING!
- 30Nov-1st Dec SLUSH HELSINKI
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- RedLynx is looking for Marketing Art Director
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Ocmo released on iOS
- Evil Corporation Games studio presents the full version of its first own game project – Star Story: The Horizon Escape on Steam
- WhipStones released on browser(Linux, MacOSX & Windows) and Android
- Last week Seriously released Best Fiends animation titled “Visit Minutia” with an in-game.
- Rivergames’ Wheelie Racing released in cooperation with Redbull to iOS and Android
- Rovio announces plans for €30m IPO
- MotionVolt Games Ltd Flip Master bounced to TOP #1 App Store Free App chart at USA, Canada, UK, Australia and Europe.
- Catland released a teaser trailer for silly bartending game Taphouse VR for the HTC Vive! Game will be out on Early Access October 17th.
Motorious Entertainment is soft launching a brand new arcade game Circle Breaker in Finland of all places! Please download for iOS or Android and wave goodbye to your productivity and nerves
- Finnish games score highly in China
- Kimble Games on Android and iOS
- Premium codes by PM to Kimmo Halonen
- Rovio is looking for interviewees who are playing mobile 1v1 PVP games or classic Angry Birds slingshot titles. They offer g 40e gift card for 1.5h interview in Keilaniemi, Espoo. If you are interested, send an email with the mobile games you currently play and some information about yourself. Thanks!
- Gameplay trailer for The Walking Vegetables has just been released
- The Walking Vegetables has a Steam page now!
- SULA pitchaus kilpailun hakuaika 8.9 asti.
- Can a war game learn us empathy? Follow Panzer Hearts to find out
- Game Music Collective saa Finlandia-talon konserttiin vieraakseen Mieskuoro Eugan. Liput
- Pasi Tervonen kuvasi viime lauantaina Game Music Blowoutissa kun Orion haastetteli Jonnea.
- TouchDown Creations in Helsinki has been developing a multiplayer VR first person set in outer space.
- Northern Game Summit – NGS announces Chris Evans – Head of In-Game Cinematics at Blizzard Entertainment and John Romero as a Keynote speakers.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.