Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 50/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 14th Dec Oulu Creative Industry Christmas Party at Games Factory.
- 19th December Agile Financial Management for Game Studios with Mertaoja
- 25-27th January Global Game Jam if you want to run a site, apply now!
- 29th January Games First London 2019
- Early Bird Ticket Deadline is nowish!
- 22-24th May Nordic Game Conference / Malmö
- 50% off on conference passes to Nordic Game 2019, 22-24 May in Malmö, Sweden. This counts until midnight, January 3rd.
- CHRISTMAS PRESENT TO THIS GROUP: the first 10 to select this group in the menu and enter this code, NG19PF5MLGG4, will get the Dinner Experience for free!
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- The Consulate General of Finland in Los Angeles is looking for a Finnish speaking game industry expert to join Team Finland
- Project Researcher / Game Developer / Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Turku
- Frozenbyte Games is looking for new talent! Especially UI/UX designers, writers, VFX artists, and programmers.
- Get your self matched in Game Factory Talents. Find your place in the Finnish Games Industry
- Games Factory Talents have introduced a new platform to make your talent visible for the game studios. They are building a community of developers to showcase, making it easier for the game studios to find the talent they need.
- “Instead of building a platform only for job seeking game industry professionals, we wanted a platform where the game studios could come and meet the talent even before they start the long and expensive process of advertising an open job position. Our Talent Board features industry professionals from all levels of experience to most of the various positions studios might be looking to fill”, explains Kim Bäckroos, CEO of the newly formed Games Factory Talents.
- New talent is being added to the Talent Board constantly, and Games Factory Talents are inviting all industry professionals and game studios to take part. Head over Games Factory Talents to look at the talent and job positions available and make yourself visible for the hiring studios.Follow Games Factory Talents on social media for the latest news and information on any upcoming talent acquisition events.
- Are you looking for game industry professionals to join your team? Oleg Paliy & José Jácome
are inviting you to join our recruitment event in Kiev in December. You will have a chance to pre-screen the candidates in advance and conduct f2f interviews on the spot. You can also join our #PlayFinland stand at the biggest local #gamedev conference Games Gathering, this way you can combine recruitment and business meetings.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Supercell released Brawl Stars Globally!
- Shotgun Gaming released Duckz on the Apple App Store and Google Play!
- Natasha Bulatovic Trygg is the new chair of IGDA Finland!
- Useita pelialan vaikuttajia ict-alan vaikuttajat 2018 listalla
- Picky Package, the eighth game from Kiemura, is out now on App Store and we got featured in at least UK, Germany, France and Spain!
- Check the #XmasJKL – The Game Industry Business Seminar Nov 14th, 2018 pictures
- China establishes Online Games Ethics Committee as end of games freeze nears
- FakeFish team wrote a little bit about what Barotrauma’s first aid and health system.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.