Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine week 3/2020 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- Design Workshop; Wearables, Games and Extended Reality / Tampere (Note: Reasonable travel expenses(i.e. Train or Bus Tickets) will be compensated for the participants who reside outside of Tampere.)
13 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Bioadaptive Game Design for Wearable Supported Extended Reality
15 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Social Interaction in Extended Reality Games through Wearables
17 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Costumes as Extended Reality Game Controllers
23 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Synthesis Workshop (We expect all participants to participate in the Synthesis Workshop)
24 January 2020, 10:00-17:00 – Fusion Workshop (We expect all participants to participate in the Fusion Workshop )
Application Form: https://bit.ly/wearxrworkshopApplication Deadline: 03.01.2020Notification of Acceptance: 05.01.2020
- 20th-21st January Pocket Gamer Connects London.
- 7th of February Grand opening of Digi & Game Center / Jyväskylä
- 8th February, Game Business Booster 2020 / Jyväskylä
- 3rd of March Game Audio Awards 2020
- April 1st Games First / London
- 14th April Hyper UA Gamevasion / Copenhagen
- 6th of November #XmasJKL 2020 – The Finnish Game Industry Seminar / Jyväskylä
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
Open jobs & Recruitment
- DoDreams is looking for Senior Game Programmer!
- Polka Dot Studios is looking for narrative designer
- Games Factory Talents launched new Games focused tech Talent board that helps Talents to land a Dream job at a Games Studio in Helsinki. Please check the positions and companies and APPLY
- Pocket hunt has launched their recruiting app for games people in Finland, Sweden, Germany, the United Kingdom, the Benelux countries, Bangalore and Singapore.
- Jobs in Games: Rovio’s Heini Kaihu on how to get a job as head of studio.
- if people are interested in taking part in ‘Jobs in Games’ series feel free to get in touch with Craig Chapple!
- Take a look at https://thehub.fi/jobs for the current list of all jobs available in the Finnish Game Industry!
- Lydia by Platonic Partnership Oy was released on NIntendo Switch with a special DLC to collect funds for a charity.
- New company Double Star, founded between Tuomas Erikoinen and Petri Räsänen and their game is in soft launch now.
- a story about Jani Penttinen and how the game industry in Finland came to be
- Elite Game Developers in 2020 is to educate founders on how to build great games companies. Reagrding to that they are planning an online course for gaming founders.
- Nopia Oy is celebrating its 10th BirthDay! Check their reel 2020
- Call for papers in History of Games Conference
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.