Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 23/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 12th June 3D-opetuspelihaasteen workshop / Helsinki
- 12th June Miten Tampereen Unity 3D kaupunkimalli tukee liiketoimintaasi? / Tampere
- 19th June Unity Meetup with Games Factory / Helsinki
- 27th June, the annual Finnish Game Day event in St. Petersburg
- 29th June – 1st July Jam Jam Festival / Sappee
- 5-8th July The Big Indie Fest at ReVersed 2018 / Vienna
- 2.-5. August Assembly Summer Messukeskus Helsinki
- Assembly ARTtech seminar
- 11-12th September Pocket Gamer Connects
- Exclusive 20% discount using code FINLAND20.
- October 19th Monetization in Games: Past, Present and Future – ft. John Romero / Helsinki
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Mika Vesitie hakee Unity Ohjelmoijaa (C#) Joensuuhun
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Who Gets To Be On The Steam Store?
- Nordic Game Ventures is finally happening. With Helsinki address.
- Finnish Game Day event takes place June 27th at Consulate General of Finland in St. Petersburg and is hosted in cooperation with White Nights, the international game development conference, which takes place the next couple of days, June 28th-29th. In addition there is an amazing bonus for the Finnish participants! 15 Finnish Game studios participating in the Finnish Game Day ’18 event, will get their own private booth, sponsored by Business Finland, (free of charge, includes 2 standard tickets to the conference) for the White Nights Conference conference sponsored by Business Finland. To reserve a booth, hurry up and register here by the 8th of June! How to register and detailed info about traveling, visa and accommodation info is here: http://bit.ly/FGD18info
- Walid O. El Cheikh asks who could be the best professors and practitioners to teach about Gamification in Finland?
- The Pocket Gamer Connects conference returns to Helsinki on September 11-12, when more than 1,200 delegates will gather to hear 120 world-class speakers across 10 tracks, plus indie pitches, workshops, mighty networking and the Global Connects party. No event puts you in touch with the whole mobile gaming industry like Pocket Gamer Connects. Exclusive 20% discount using code FINLAND20.
- Khurshid Alam is writing his thesis about -How to engage customers in mobile game development? For this, he need to have some interviews with the Finnish mobile game companies. Interview type: face to face or over the phone or email, which one is convenient for you. Please text your emails/mobile phone numbers to email : email@example.com
- Platonic Partnership is refreshingly unorthodox
- The countdown to the release of Void of Heroes– MECH BATTLE ROYALE has begun!
- Immersal AR Concept Tests
- Court Sides With ‘Iron Sky’ Producers in Copyright Suit
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.