Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the weeks 21&22/2018 from the Finnish Game Industry.
News are gathered from the Play Finland group posts during the week. That is why we recommend you to post by yourself (however not flood) your Finnish Game Industry related news to the group. It also guarantees that your news will be visible in the weekly newsletter /news compilation. Play Finland is at the moment one of the main channels for sharing information inside the industry.
We (admins) occasionally publish industry related posts or links in Play Finland. But since there is so many things going on, we don´t even try to cover the whole field.
- 7th June Media of Things (Media + IoT) -tapahtuma ( Muutama paikka vielä vapaana Yle Betaday)
- 12th June Miten Tampereen Unity 3D kaupunkimalli tukee liiketoimintaasi? / Tampere
- 27th June, the annual Finnish Game Day event in St. Petersburg
- 29th June – 1st July Jam Jam Festival / Sappee
- 5-8th July The Big Indie Fest at ReVersed 2018 / Vienna
- 2.-5. August Assembly Summer Messukeskus Helsinki
- Assembly ARTtech seminar
- October 19th Monetization in Games: Past, Present and Future – ft. John Romero / Helsinki
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Unserious is growing and we are looking for 2-3 talented software developers with an Unserious mind to help us to create a new era of face to-face mobile games
- Koukoi Games is looking for experienced & passionate Game Designer to join our team!
- User Research Specialist needed in Rovio
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- 3rd Eye Studios’ new game Downward Spiral: Horus Station has launched on PC and Steam (PS4 version coming later this summer)! Thanks for all the support this passing year, and now go and check up the game on Steam. It works beautifully both with or without VR.
- Check out this recent play-by-play of Helsinki 1918: German Intervention in the Finnish Civil War on Boardgamegeek. You can still purchase this awesome game from the guys at U&P Games.
- Movie about Finnish Game Development: The Name Of The Game;
- Zen Bound 2 (by SecretExit) almost 10-year-old game, out on a platform (NintendoSwitch) capable of the control scheme we originally thought would be really cool. Heavily remastered, of course, to look and sound its best.
- UnStabbed – Knife Circus created by Fat Tail Productions is now available on App Store and Google Play
- Kiemura has released Tap Roller on iOS and Google
- Article is how Critical Force helps foreign employees to ingrate themselves and their families in Finnish society (only in Finnish)
- Medals of War Live-stream
- Niko Partners: China will surpass 768 million gamers and $42 billion in game revenue by 2022 (updated)
- Iron Danger wanted to share you a peek to level editing toolset that they have put together on top of Unity. This is how you build a sauna in one minute.
- Fingersoft’s Round Zero on its data-driven approach to mobile games publishing
- watch the latest episode of The Writing Game. If you prefer there’s also the podcast
- Klasarin kasvateista tuli pelimusiikin sanansaattajia – Game Music Collective on kasattu pelimusiikin ehdoilla
- Nitro Games is happy to announce Heroes of Warland!
- Muistatko vielä legendaarisen Uuno Turhapuro -pelin? Game Music Collective ja Suomen pelimuseon selloilut jatkuvat uunoilun merkeissä! Sarjan kolmannella videolla Lukas Stasevskij ottaa haltuunsa Uuno Turhapuro muuttaa maalle -pelin musiikit pienessä näytteessään.
- Play, don’t show!” Helsinki based 3rd Eye Studios’ Lead Designer Greg Louden wrote down the philosophy of Downward Spiral: Horus Station and much more at VentureBeat. A really good reading if are interested in games storytelling and VR
- Long-form Angry Birds animated series set for 2020
- Helsinki Game Music Festival – päivä pelimusiikin parissa
- Part Time Monkey Blog: The Missing Role in Game Dev Teams
- Last lecture of the academic year 17/18 for the Games Now! lecture series was on eSports!
- Kim Soares is asking for recommendation for PR agency in Japan
- SkillsFinland is looking for a 3D Game Art competitor for the next WorldSkills competition in Kazan 2019. The eligible candidates should be born in 1997 or later (being max. 22 years in the year of the competition). The Finland qualifications will be in September but registration is already open.
- Henri Holm is asking for recomendations where to set up a Sports App Development Studio in Finland. He is building ESPORTS version of FANDOM SPORTS business line.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.