Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 18/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- May 6-7 Checkpoint pelifestivaali / Tampere
- May 9th Games First 2017 / Helsinki
- May 16th IPO:a harkitseva peliyhtiön Remedyn yhtiöesittelytilaisuus Helsingissä.
- May 17-19th Nordic Game Conference / Malmö.
- May 20th GameSound game music event in Jyväskylä
- June 13th Game Industry Breakfast by Aalto ENT / Helsinki
- August 3-6th Assembly summer / Helsinki
- August 3.-5. Assembly ARTtech / Helsinki
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Polka Dot Studio is looking for experienced artist
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Rovio‘s new game Battle Bay releasing worldwide. High octane, 5vs5 realtime battle at sea in full 3D technicolor. Teaser trailer out now.
- Get the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- Next Games Business Review Q1 2017 is looking good! Successful Listing on Nasdaq Helsinki First North, Q1 2017 Revenue Doubled, Business Profitable.
- (only in Finnish) Oulu Game Labin malli on jo valittu Suomen parhaaksi 2015, Euroopan toiseksi parhaaksi 2016 ja nyt Kuala Lumpurissa maailman parhaaksi.
- The Publisher Market at Nordic Game is looking for mobile games submissions! The marathon speed dating session will take place throughout Wednesday, 17th May – if you have a very cool/spicy game to show, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of play TODAY.
- Nordic VR/AR incubator is launched and they are looking for startups to join our program. The deadline for applications is May 26th.
- 5000+ members in Play Finland fb -group!!!
- 505 Games signs worldwide publishing deal with Remedy Entertainment / Pörssiin listautuva Remedy solmi merkittävän julkaisusopimuksen: 20 vuoden yksinoikeus seuraavaan peliin
- Rovio continues its growth path in first quarter of 2017 / Rovio’s games business revenues soar to nearly $62 million in Q1 2017
- Ex-Rovio and Digital Chocolate staff score pre-seed funding round for new Finnish mobile studio Polka Dot.
- Mail.Ru Games Ventures is a new games investment division, created by the Mail.Ru Group team as means of supporting and developing promising companies and projects worldwide.
- Sergey Zabolotov is looking for a job as a Game QA engineer. Take a look at his CV.
- Nonstop Games co-founder Henric Suuronen joins Huuuge Games’ Board of Directors
- See 369 photos of The Finnish Game Awards 2017 by Niko Jekkonen http://taydenkuunkuva.com
- Finland rising – The burgeoning game development scene & its talent shortage
- PlayRaven recruits Eero Pöyry as new Development Director
- Haste Heist went to Steam Greenlight
- If you need experienced and reliable developers for any of your projects, look no further!
- NG17 Sensation Award nominees revealed
- The Easter egg puzzles that are hiding inside video games. “A handful of players had started finding strange things in Trials HD, a game released in 2009 by Finnish studio RedLynx in which you drive stunt bikes over outlandish obstacle courses…”
- The World is at War, but LOVE does not wait! Panzer Hearts
- Assembly ARTtech 3.-5.8.2017 call for speakers. Experimental, hands-on, top notch. Ping Sonja Ängeslevä.
- Nuclear Unicorn knows that there is a lively culture of new game companies coming to the field all the time, companies and teams looking for distributors, marketing partners and publishers. That is why this netsite is founded. PS. Nuclear Unicorn is not a company
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.