Overview – What is PG Connects?
Pocket Gamer Connects is the conference series that reaches the heart of the mobile gaming industry. Curated by the team responsible for the world’s leading mobile gaming publications (Pocket Gamer, PG.Biz, AppSpy, etc), it’s the essential event for anyone wanting to meet, hear, and learn from the leading figures from every corner of the mobile games industry.
Over 3,500 people have so far attended the Pocket Gamer Connects conferences in the last 18 months and have loved the unique access to the biggest names in the sector, the brilliant networking opportunities, and sharply honed content on show in our unique format.
Why you can’t afford to miss PG Connects Helsinki…
Simply because in the space of 2 days you’ll discover more about the mobile games market than you would in 2 months anywhere else, including:
- Say hello to The Finnovators, the brightest minds from the hottest mobile gaming scene
- Get essential insight from international experts such as Rami Ismael and the creator of Her Story in the Indie Inspiration track
- Meet top Chinese publishers/investors et the inside track on the key global markets via East Meets West
- Glimpse future technologies, trends, and more via the Bonus Level including VR, smart watches and more
- Get career-changing exposure with press and publishers in the Very Big Indie Pitch competition
- Chat to the international media (from the Guardian, Develop, local press and more)
- See the latest indie games or display your own in the Indie Showcase
- Meet publishers and investors to help take your game to the next level
- Stacks of useful contacts thanks to our match-making system and after-hours events
- Help us celebrate Finland and the Nordic region in general!
5 Awesome tracks
Learn from the brightest minds in the world’s hottest mobile gaming scene in this finn-tastic track.
East Meets West
The essential guide to China and other major mobile world markets plus a look at the latest trends.
Talks from the finest indie developers and other experts will help you to raise your development game.
Acquire, Engage, Monetise
Dive into the most important trends in the user acquisition, retention, and monetisation landscape.
Glimpse the next generation of tech (including VR) and hone your cutting edge with sessions on everything from team building to development tips.
Plus: Great Fringe Events including…
- Big Indie Pitch – get your game in front of leading press, publishers and more
- Pecha Kucha Sessions – An entertaining sideways look at industry trends
- LaunchPad – Launch your new games to industry and press at the show!
- Speaker + VIP Dinner – network with the big names (invitation only)
- Pocket Gamer Party- Let your hair down with PG’s opening night party
Over 100 speakers including…
- David Helgason (Founder, Unity)
- Rami Ismail (CEO, Vlambeer)
- Chris Petrovic (Kabam)
- Sam Barlow (Developer of Her Story)
- Oskar Burman (GM Rovio Sweden + Co-founder Stugan)
- David Mohr (GM Europe, Gamevil)
- Jesse Divnich (VP Strategy, Tilting Point)
- Stephen Lee (Director of Publishing, 6Waves)
- Samuli Syvahuoko (Serial investor + entrepreneur)
- Tim Garbos (Chairman, IGDA Copenhagen)
- Johannes Vuorinen (CEO, Frogmind)
- Vladimir Funtikov (CEO, Creative Mobile)
- Antti Sten (CEO, Boomlagoon)
- Lasse Seppanen (CEO, PlayRaven)
- Eric Seufert (Head of UA, Rovio)
- Petri Jarvilehto (Chief Creative Office, Seriously)
- Jay Ranki (COO, Next Games)
- Leading Asian publishers including Youzu, ZPlay, MyGamez, NetEase & 37 Games
- Plus representatives from: EA, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Applifier, Miniclip
- And many more!
You can register for tickets now at: http://www.pgconnects.com/helsinki/registration/
We have a number of special ticket offers to make it easier to get involved.
1. Free ticket offer for students (limited availability, first come first served)
Register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KL_l3raz-r8FWnW2prBRimH8jrRaR2RzH2V-euQMtLI/viewform
2. Free ticket for developers who enter and are shortlisted for big indie pitch
(we have c.10 spaces left from the 50)
Register via this link:
3. 40% off tickets otherwise for IGDA members
Register via our ticket system and use the code PG_IGDAFIN
To help with transport we will also be running buses from Turku, Tampere and Kouvola to the event.