Play Finland’s Weekly Newsletter
In this report we will combine the week 21/2017 from the Finnish Game Industry. Check out all the events, news and job openings!
See also the latest (updated) report of the Finnish Game Industry.
- May 30th HIVE-Turku Game Hub Opening party
- June 6th Wargaming Party 2017 / Parola
- June 10th ZombieWalk Helsinki 2017 + Zombie Disco at Gloria
- June 13th Game Industry Breakfast by Aalto ENT / Helsinki
- July 12 Women in Games meetup at Pori
- July 13-14 Illusion 2017 plus VIP access to Ilosaarirock 2017 in the middle of Summer. Sign up now.
- July 27th-30th China Joy / Shanghai
- August 3-6th Assembly summer / Helsinki
- August 3.-5. Assembly ARTtech / Helsinki
- Sept. 18-19th PG Connects Helsinki
- Oct 11, 2017. Finland 100Y goes Women in Tech 2017
See also The Game Industry Events calendar: http://www.neogames.fi/en/events/eventcalendar
- Veikkauksen Pelistudio hakee kehityspäällikköä
- Jyväskylän AMK hakee lehtoria peliohjelmointiin
- Housemarque is looking for Tools Programmers & Senior Animators.
- 700+ game companies in the Nordics to get an overview of game development jobs available right now. Currently 440 job openings in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway – browse through them at http://gameform.eu/
- More jobs at gamesjobs.fi
- Matchmade released YouTube game influencer marketing report (May 2017)
- Seriously released their first Best Fiends animation titled “Boot Camp” starring Mark Hamill, Billy West, Pamela Adlon, Alan Oppenheimer, Kate Walsh and David Herman.
- Grab the Bottle has just relesed in STEAM
- Supercell acquires 62% stake in UK mobile games studio Space Ape for $55.8 million
- Top Gear mobile game dev Motorious Entertainment raises $894,000 from the Finnish government’s Finnvera Venture Capital and Nordea’s Startup and Growth Services
- Seriously teki ötököillä yli 30 miljoonan euron liikevaihdon – nyt tulee animaatiosarja
- Timo Ylikangas is looking for opportunities
- New game play video from Virtual Dawn’s VR game Outrageous Grounds:The Maze. Featuring their swinging arm locomotion system. Performance by Niko Ranta
- Finland’s games industry growth is slowing – but a new generation of students could help boost it once again
- Miljardipeli Clash of Clans uudistui – Suomen liput valtasivat taas rahalistan
- Finland Defining the Next 100 Years
- Games Growth Hacker – Pelialan kasvuhakkerien koulutusohjelma. Hakuaika päättyy 28.5
- Henri Heikkinen thesis “Kickstarter not required? Independent crowdfunding for PC games” is out.
This is the weekly summary of news from the Finnish game industry. If you want to have your news on the list, post them on the Play Finland Facebook group. The summary will be posted every Friday afternoon. Check out previous week’s list.